We purchased our Stringray boat new with a Mercruiser engine.The first week we had it the engine took on water, almost filling the compartment and swamping the engine ...
we would have sank. We limped back to the ramp and were able to get it out of the water. It was missing a bolt and the others were loose. Within a few months we had another issue with the engine that required warranty work.
THEN, with the engine with less than 100 hours on it, the power steering leaked, got hot, and caught fire! The engine has to be replaced as well as damage to our boat engine compartment, cushions, etc.
The warranty is going to cover all of the work including a new Mercruiser engine and we don't want it!If not for having the fire estinguisher on board we could have been seriously injured or killed.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Product or service
- Mercruiser Boat Engine
- Review category
- Cruises and Ships
You May Also Like
- "1. We was in a hit and run accident and almost missed the boat. 2.We got rear ended and the car that hit us decided to not pull over, so..."
- "I am not sure why so many bad reviews unless only people who had a bad experience take the time to write. Purchased first cruise package in Oct 2012. 1..."
- "I just got back from the WORST cruise experience of a lifetime aboard MSC. They booked a half charter to a group called "Cruise To the Edge" that included entertainment..."
- "August 8: salesman and order.August 20: no contact from company. I called and made the order.Sept 7: Installation day.Sept 13: ongoing problems.The installers arrived with ceramic tile, and 3 backer..."
- "This is most definitely true! Judge Love has granted Primary Custody of my children to my extremely abusive and unstable husband He has beaten and talked in details about how he..."
- "Bought a 400.00Executive office chair from the Sanford, NC Badcock. Chair started to fall apart a few months later. Called and was basically told "too bad, so sad". Had..."
- "Horrible place to live. Harassed by management . They worry about things that they shouldn't be worrying about , they don't fix tripping hazards that you report , nor fix..."
- "Not much to say (there 4 pictures taken on the same visit say it all). I have been consistently disappointed in the quality of veggies and produce at the..."
- "I have had a terrible experience with light in the box! I paid (Oct. 12) for item with express expedited shipping (3-4 business days) (1-3 days for processing). I have..."