I purchased an additional year of Factory warranty on my boat ENGINE because they (Mercruiser Dealers) refused to fix the problem since the first year of the warranty. MY three year factory warranty is now expired and engine still has the same problem (it pours soot into the lake from the exhaust and also leaves a black waterline on the transom).

I first took the boat to the selling dealer (FoxLakeHarborBayliner). They said nothing was wrong. So then I took it to the nearest dealer (BasaMarine, Bolingbrook, Illinois). After several attempts to fix the problem they said they didn't know what was wrong with it (even though the selling dealer already said nothing was wrong - right).

I called Mercruiser (many times) and they now refuse to talk with me on the phone. I would bet my boat sat at the dealer for over five weeks and still is not repaired. Mercs warranty is not worth the paper it's printed on.

Had an Experience with Mercruiser?

Comments

#1320246

You problem is that if it is a carb.Engine the chocked is adjusted wrong.

If it is a efi it needs hotter thermostat too heat it quicker to get it out of rich start mode.When you start it idle it at a higher rpm than idle this will heat it quicker.

I have the MPP Mercruiser Platinum Protection, and I agree.It is absolutely a worthless scam!

They get away with denying claims for repairing their poor quality motors. I am now stuck with a $3000 repair bill on my Bravo1. I will never buy Mercury again, and I will tell everyone I know to avoid Mercruiser and their scam of a warranty. Same goes for MarineMax, who sells these scam warranties for Mercury and Brunswick.

Save your money!

Quit looking at your exhaust and the waterline.The soot is likely unburned fuel from you driving like an old woman and a cold engine that is never allowed to reach operating temperature because you can not be moving fast while looking behind you at the soot.

Quit putting around slowly like a little girl and looking backwards for problems that don't exist. You are in a lake not a bathtub. Boats get dirty.

Wash it when it gets dirty.:cry